Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sources of Continuing Inspiration




Monet had his haystacks, Degas his ballet dancers, and it seems my home state of Montana has become an overflowing spring of inspiration for this painter. Last summer, my family and I visited on two occasions from our home on the east coast. Since that time, I have painted the three paintings above, and I count them among my best. Throw in a family hardship (my grandmother's passing), and it's a recipe for success apparently. Especially if you consider that I'm painting the southeastern part of the state, not exactly the most picturesque part!

In any event, sometimes you stumble onto something that just works. When that time comes, I've learned to hold on with both hands and ride it for all it's worth, because often times this sort of inspiration and prolificacy is quite elusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment