Friday, June 3, 2011

Gallery Story


Here's a story about a quick gallery sale I made a few years back. My work had been accepted by the Ryan Gallery in Lincoln City, so I decided to take the family to the coast and drop my paintings off in person. Since the gallery is right on Highway 101, the first thing I did upon arriving in town was unload my work, then we had the rest of the weekend to play in the surf. On the second day, I realized I had forgotten to get a signature on a document. Upon arriving back at the gallery, I was informed that the above piece, the "Red Door" had sold. It hadn't even graced the gallery walls yet! Needless to say, this made our trip that much better.

Next time you're in Lincoln City, stop in and say "hi" to Victoria and Emily over there, they're truly great people to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment