Monday, February 21, 2011

Leavin' Town.


The paints are packed away, the canvases put aside to dry, in fact the studio is closed up so the dog won't lick my paintings again. Yes, reluctantly I'll be flying to Texas on business soon. This means I did some digging to find some art to post. I came across this piece, which was one of my finer attempts during a transitional period in my art life. I was realizing that just being a designer wasn't enough, and was hoping to bridge the gap with just pencil drawings and Photoshop. Digital fine-art they call it. Although I put nearly 2 years of my life into it, none of these ever saw the light of day. The reason? Digital work was too technical, with no room for spontaneity. Although I like this piece for sentimental reasons, most of them I see as merely stepping stones to what I'm chasing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment